Maryland was the 20th state to introduce the Healthy Workplace Bill
- SB 689 will be heard in public hearing by the Senate Finance Committee on March 15 at 1 pm. Here are the rules for testifying on behalf of a bill.
- If you can testify in person on Tuesday March 15, call the office of Sen. Muse to volunteer and receive guidance. 410-841-3092
- Direct questions to Committee staff at (410) 841-3677, (301) 858-3677. Their location is Miller Senate Office Building, 3 East Wing, 11 Bladen St., Annapolis, MD 21401
- On March 1, HB 1104 was heard in the House Appropriations Committee. Union supporters included AFT, AFSCME and MPAC and one bullied MDOT former employee. You can view the video here on the State website. Testimony begins at time mark 4:09:40 and ends at 4:26:00.
- Senator Muse (D-26), introduced SB 689, a bill to establish a task force on workplace bullying in state agencies on Feb. 5, 2016 with five original co-sponsors.
- Read the text of SB 689 here.
- The bill was assigned to the Senate Finance Committee.
- Track the status of SB 689 at the state's website.
- A companion (exactly worded) House Bill, HB 1104, was introduced on Feb. 11 by Delegate P. Young (D-41) with 12 original co-sponsors.
- The bill was assigned to the House Appropriations Committee.
- Call or write to thank each sponsor of each bill. Be sure to reference the correct bill number.
- Also contact by phone or email each of the respective Committee Chairs and Vice-Chairs for each of the two bills. Ask them to schedule a public hearing. Reference the correct bill number. Tell them why it's so important to you.
- Democrats are the majority party in both chambers and control bills heard in committees. The Governor is Republican.
|Sen. C. Anthony Muse||Demail@example.com||Here|
|Sen. Joanne Claybon Benson||Dfirstname.lastname@example.org||Here|
|Sen. Joan Carter Conway||Demail@example.com||Here|
|Sen. Nathaniel J. McFadden||Dfirstname.lastname@example.org||Here|
|Sen. Shirley Nathan-Pulliam||Demail@example.com||Here|
|Sen. Jamin B. (Jamie) Raskin||Dfirstname.lastname@example.org||Here|
The Complete Committee Roster
|Sen. Thomas M. (Mac) Middleton, Chair||Demail@example.com||Here|
|Sen. John C. Astle, Vice-Chair||Dfirstname.lastname@example.org||Here|
|Del. Patrick G. Young, Jr.||D-44Bemail@example.com||Here|
|Del. Benjamin S. Barnes||Dfirstname.lastname@example.org||Here|
|Del. Mark S. Chang||Demail@example.com||Here|
|Del. Antonio L. Hayes||Dfirstname.lastname@example.org||Here|
|Del. Shelly L. Hettleman||Demail@example.com||Here|
|Del. Terri L. Hill||Dfirstname.lastname@example.org||Here|
|Del. Marc A. Korman||Demail@example.com||Here|
|Del. Carol L. Krimm||D-3Afirstname.lastname@example.org||Here|
|Del. Cory V. McCray||Demail@example.com||Here|
|Del. Marice I. Morales||Dfirstname.lastname@example.org||Here|
|Del. Andrew Platt||Demail@example.com||Here|
|Del. Charles E. Sydnor, III||D-44Bfirstname.lastname@example.org||Here|
|Del. James J. (Jimmy) Tarlau||D-47Aemail@example.com||Here|
The Complete Committee Roster
|Del. Maggie McIntosh, Chair||Dfirstname.lastname@example.org||Here|
|Del. Tawanna P. Gaines, Vice-Chair||Demail@example.com||Here|
SB 252 introduced by Sen. Muse and HB 700 introduced by Del.Feldman.
SB 999 introduced by Sen. Muse on Feb. 17, 2012.
SB 600 introduced by Sen. Raskin on Feb. 4, 2011. The first bill for the state.
On March 3, 2011, several brave individuals testified in favor of SB 600 in a public hearing in the Senate Finance Committee.
Listen to the audio:
Interested in working for enactment of the Healthy Workplace Bill in Maryland?
Fill out the following form and we'll put you in contact with the State Coordinator.