- HF 2228 is the companion (identical in text) to SF 1932. The bill was referred the committee on Job Growth & Energy Affordability Policy and Finance. Since its introduction, additional co-sponsors include Reps. Nelson, Slocum, Fischer, Schultz, Carlson, Freiburg, Atkins and Kahn.
- On April 16, 2015 Rep. Debra Hilstrom (DFL-40) introduced HF 2228
- In action separate from formal state legislation, the large Minnesota State employees union (MAPE) and the Department of Management & Budget (MMB), representing the state as employer, collaboratively created an anti-bullying policy. The policy applies to all State employees. It is titled the Respectful Workplace Policy. The announcement was made on April 10, 2015.
- On March 23, 2015 Senator Ron Latz (DFL-46) introduced SF 1932
- Read the text of the bill
- "An act relating to employment prohibiting abusive work environment practices and establishing remedies" SF 1932 is introduced as the complete Healthy Workplace Bill
- The Senate bill was referred to the Jobs, Agriculture and Rural Development Committee Contact the Chair and other committee members asking for a public hearing for SF 1932.
- You can track progress of the bill on the Legislature's website here.
- Please volunteer to help the MN State Coordinators pass SF 1932 into law. Complete the form below.
Minnesota was the 21st state to introduce the Healthy Workplace Bill in the U.S.
|Sen. Ron Latz||DFL-46||(651) 297-8065||E-mail form||Here|
|Sen. Dan Sparks, Chair||DFL-27||(651) email@example.com||Here|
|Sen. Matt Schmit, Vice-Chair||DFL-21||(651) firstname.lastname@example.org||Here|
|Rep. Debra Hilstrom, Chief Author||DFL-40Bemail@example.com||Here|
|Rep. Michael V. Nelson||DFL-40Afirstname.lastname@example.org||Here|
|Rep. Linda Slocum||DFL-50Aemail@example.com||Here|
|Rep. Peter Fischer||DFL-43Afirstname.lastname@example.org||Here|
|Rep. Jennifer Schultz||DFL-07Aemail@example.com||Here|
|Rep. Lyndon Carlson Sr.||DFL-45Afirstname.lastname@example.org||Here|
|Rep. Mike Freiberg||DFL-45Bemail@example.com||Here|
|Rep. Joe Atkins||DFL-52Bfirstname.lastname@example.org||Here|
|Rep. Phyllis Kahn||DFL-60Bemail@example.com||Here|
|Rep. Pat Garofalo, Chair||R-58B||(651) firstname.lastname@example.org||Here|
|Rep. Dave Baker, Vice-Chair||R-17B||(651) email@example.com||Here|
HF 1701 & SF 1352. No action was taken by committee with regard to these bills.
Interested in working for enactment of the Healthy Workplace Bill in Minnesota?
Fill out the following form and we'll put you in contact with the State Coordinator.