Oregon was the 5th state to introduce the Healthy Workplace Bill
- In 2017, two bills were filed prior to the start of the season. Both the House and Senate bills were filed at the request of committees.
- The bills, SB 292 and HB 2167, are identical "companion" bills. Both create "unlawful employment practice and violation of Oregon Safe Employment Act for creating or maintaining abusive work environment." They cover both private and public sector employees and employers.
- See the text of SB 292: https://olis.leg.state.or.us/liz/2017R1/Downloads/MeasureDocument/SB292/Introduced
- The committee to which SB 292 will likely be assigned to the Senate Committee on Workforce. Members of that committee are listed below. Please contact the Chair and all members, encouraging them to schedule a public hearing for SB 292, the "abusive work environment" bill.
- HB 2167 was assigned to the House Committee on Business and Labor. Members of that committee are listed below. Please contact the Chair and all members, encouraging them to schedule a public hearing for HB 2197, the "abusive work environment" bill.
- See the text of HS 2167: https://olis.leg.state.or.us/liz/2017R1/Downloads/MeasureDocument/HB2167/Introduced
- Please contact the State Coordinator below for more information regarding this state.
The House Committee on Business and Labor
|Rep. Paul Holvey (D-8), Chair||D-8||503-986-1408||Rep.PaulHolvey@oregonlegislature.gov||Here|
|Rep. Greg Barreto (R-58)||Rfirstname.lastname@example.org||Here|
|Rep. Janelle Bynum (D-51)||D-51||503-986-1451||Rep.JanelleBynum@oregonlegislature.gov||Here|
|Rep. Margaret Doherty (D-35)||D-35||503-986-1435||Rep.MargaretDoherty@state.or.us||Here|
|Rep. Paul Evans (D-20)||Demail@example.com||Here|
|Rep. Julie Fahey (D-14)||D-20||503-986-1414||Rep.JulieFahey@oregonlegislature.gov||Here|
|Rep. Jodi Hack (R-19)||Rfirstname.lastname@example.org||Here|
|Rep. Dallas Heard (R-2)||Remail@example.com||Here|
|Rep. Bill Kennemer (R-39)||R-39||503-986-1439||Rep.BillKennemer@state.or.us||Here|
Senate Committee on Workforce
|Sen. Kathleen Taylor (D-21), Chair||Dfirstname.lastname@example.org||Here|
|Sen. Tim Knopp (R-27)||R-27||503-986-1427||Sen.TimKnopp@oregonlegislature.gov||Here|
|Sen. Sara Gelser (D-8)||Demail@example.com||Here|
|Sen. Bill Hansell (R-29)||R-29||503-986-1429||Sen.BillHansell@state.or.us||Here|
|Sen. Laurie Monnes Anderson (D-25)||D-25||503-986-1425||Sen.LaurieMonnesAnderson@oregonlegislature.gov||Here|
Sen. Ginny Burdick introduced SB 727 It was referred to the Judiciary Committee. No hearing was held.
SB 1035 was introduced by Sen. Avel Gordly (now retired). Testimony at the April 2007 public hearing before the Senate Commerce Committee was given by several bullied targets, representing the Oregon Healthy Workplace Advocates, and Dr. Gary Namie. The bill was also heard later by the Senate Rules Committee but failed to advance in either committee.
Two versions of the WBI-LC Healthy Workplace Bill were introduced. HB 2639 by (then Rep. Jackie Dingfelder and HB 2410 (then Rep.) Diane Rosenbaum. No committee hearings were held.
On April 18, 2007, the Senate Rules Committee heard testimony about the workplace bullying bill, SB 1035. No committee vote was ever taken.
Interested in working for enactment of the Healthy Workplace Bill in Oregon?
Fill out the following form and we'll put you in contact with the State Coordinator.