Virginia was the 28th state to introduce the Healthy Workplace Bill
- HB 2089 was the first-ever Healthy Workplace legislation introduced in Virginia on Jan. 14, 2015 in the state.
- The bill was sponsored by Delegate Mark L. Keam(its chief patron)
- Read the text of HB 2089 here.
- On Jan. 20, the bill was heard in the Civil Law subcommittee of the Committee for Courts of Justice and tabled (recommended to "lay on the table" by voice vote). Bill died in House.
- We thank the CWA Local 222 for their support of the bill.
House Patrons of HB 2089
|Del. Mark L. Keam||D-35||(804) 698-1035||DelMKeam@house.virginia.gov||Here|
|Del. Patrick A. Hope||D-47||(804) 698-1047||DelPHope@house.virginia.gov||Here|
Here's coverage of the City of Norfolk action (or lack thereof) on workplace bullying.
Interested in working for enactment of the Healthy Workplace Bill in Virginia?
Fill out the following form and we'll put you in contact with the State Coordinator.