Posts Tagged ‘Freedom From Workplace Bullies Week’
Thursday, October 22nd, 2015
8th Annual WBI Celebration
DO SOMETHING POSITIVE!
• As Targets of bullying, shame paralyzes us and prevents us from defending ourselves.
• As members of Targets’ Families, we watch in horror as our loved ones’ lives unravel before our eyes.
• As Witnesses, fear of engagement, fear of threats to our own safety, prevent us from helping targets.
• As Managers, we lack the skills to stop it, confusing bullying with conflict, which we all abhor.
• As HR, we watch helplessly because laws do not compel policies that give us authority to act.
• As Union officers, we are too occupied with survival to see how much our members are suffering.
• As Owners/Executives, we wonder why some of the most admired managers are considered abusive.
• As State Lawmakers, we fear losing business lobby support, so we ignore the Healthy Workplace Bill.
Unrealistic fears, self-blame, rampant institutional indifference, and waiting for regulations are the excuses to not take positive prosocial action today to help those who are harmed by abusive conduct of others. How dare we turn our backs. Are we not moral human beings with empathy for the plight of oppressed peers?
So, just this one week of the year, let’s say “no” to all the rationalizations that sustain bullying in our workplaces. Open our eyes and see the harm caused.
Yes. Bullying costs employers. But bullying carries a tremendous human cost in terms of preventable stress-related injuries to the most capable workers among us.
DO SOMETHING POSITIVE! Visit the Freedom Week section of the WBI website.
Tell WBI the activity you plan for the week and we will post it here. Send message to namie at workplacebullying dot org.
Downloadable 2015 Flyers to print for your workplace.
Wednesday, October 15th, 2014
Robert Greer delivers proclamation to WV Healthy Workplace Advocate Pam Schrade at Bridgeport, WV City Council meeting.
West Virginia has been active with Healthy Workplace Bill legislation. New legislation will be introduced for the 2015-16 session.
Celebrate WBI’s Freedom from Workplace Bullies Week October 19-25, 2014
Saturday, October 13th, 2012
When: Monday October 15, 10-11 am
Where: National Press Club, Washington, D.C.
What: Commemoration of WBI’s Freedom From Workplace Bullies Week
Who: An all-star lineup of support from a diverse range of organizations and national leaders.
Mary Kay Henry, International President, Service Employees International Union (SEIU)
Hilary O. Shelton, Director, Washington Bureau, NAACP, Senior Vice President of Advocacy & Policy
David J. Holway, National President, National Association of Government Employees (NAGE)
Charletta McNeill, President Local 32, OPM, Washington, DC, American Federation of Government Employees (AFGE)
Gary Namie, PhD, Director, Workplace Bullying Institute & National Healthy Workplace Campaign
HWB State Coordinators
Greg Sorozan, Massachusetts State Coordinator, HWB, NAGE: National Vice President, President Local 282
Jane Bethel, Virginia State Coordinator, HWB, NAGE: National Executive Board, President Local 200
Lana Cooke, West Virginia State Coordinator, HWB, West Virginia University (Ret.)
First-Hand Bullied Target Tales
Neil Dias, Advocate for HWB
Tags: Charletta McNeill, David Holway, Freedom From Workplace Bullies Week, Gary Namie, Greg Sorozan, Healthy Workplace Bill, Hilary O. Shelton, Jane Bethel, Lana Cooke, Mary Kay Henry, Neil Dias
Posted in Uncategorized | Post a Comment »
Saturday, October 13th, 2012
Here is a schedule of 2012 Freedom Week events across the country. If you live near any of these listed events, please attend and sign up to help pass the Healthy Workplace Bill in your state.